- CHAPTER ONE: FOUNDATION CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The main objective of this chapter is to explain why knowledge of information systems is crucial for managerial end users and business professionals. It discusses the areas of knowledge that you as future managerial end users and business professionals need to know about information systems.
- Data and Information Systems Concepts
- Information Systems and types of Information Systems
- Information System and Components (Activities & Resources)
- CHAPTER TWO: DEVELOPMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
In this chapter, the question on how managerial end users or information specialists should develop information systems solutions to business problems is answered by discussing the fundamental steps in systems approach of solving business problems.
- Understanding a problem or opportunity
- Developing an information system solution
- Implementing the information system Solution
- system Development Life cycles
- CHAPTER THREE: TECHNOLOGY OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
A review of the concepts, developments, and managerial implications of the major technologies in computer systems is discussed. The major technologies in computer systems include computer hardware, Computer software, Telecommunication networks, and data resource management technologies.
- Overview of the history, importance and types of Computers
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Telecommunications Network
- Data Resource Management
- CHAPTER FOUR: APPLICATIONS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN
This chapter provides knowledge on the major applications of information systems for end user activities and the operations, management, and strategic advantages of organizations. The types of information systems described in Chapter 1 are further discussed in much more detail.
Introduction to types of
Business Information Systems:
- Cross-Function E-Business: ERP, CRM, SCM and SFA .
- Functional Business Information system: MIS, AIS, HRIS, Manufacturing, management concepts
Artificial Intelligence concept in marketing
- CHAPTER FIVE: BUSINESS CHALLENGES OF INFORMATION
This chapter gives an answer as to how should managerial end users meet the major challenges they face in managing the information systems of their organizations.
- Managers and Information Technology
- Organizations and Information Technology
- Information Resource Management (IRM)